728x90 AdSpace

  • Latest News

    Tuesday 30 January 2018

    important Direct-indirect speech active passive voice set-3

    #DIRECT INDIRECT SPEECH #ACTIVE PASSIVE VOICE


    156. My son said to me, "Mommy, do you know
    that the Earth is a planet?"
    (A) My son asked me whether I know that
    the earth is a planet.
    (B) My son asked me whether I knew that
    the earth was a planet.
    (C) My son asked me if I knew that the
    earth is a planet.
    (D) My son asked to me whether I am
    knowing that the earth is a planet.






    C













    157. ‘‘What about going for a coffee?’’, Ash said
    to Nayna, ‘‘It's quite a pleasant night’’.
    (A) Ash asked Nayna what about going for
    a coffee and added that that was quite a
    pleasant night.
    (B) Ash asked Nayna what about going for
    a coffee as it is quite a pleasant night.
    (C) Ash told Nayna what about going for a
    coffee as it was quite a pleasant night.
    (D) Ash exclaimed to Nayna that it was a
    very pleasant night to have a coffee







    A












    158. My father said to me ‘‘Look! you are taking
    too much pressure on yourself’’.
    (A) My father advised me that I was taking
    too much pressure on myself.
    (B) My father forbade me not to take too
    much pressure on myself.
    (C) My father exclaimed that I was taking
    too much pressure on myself.
    (D) My father told me that I was taking too
    much pressure on myself.










    C










    159. Javed asked Geeta, ‘‘Could you lend me
    hundred rupees until tomorrow?’’
    (A) Javed asked Geeta whether she could
    lend him hundred rupees until
    tomorrow.
    (B) Javed asked Geeta whether she could
    lend him hundred rupees until the next
    day.
    (C) Javed asked Geeta whether she could
    lend me hundred rupees until the next
    day.
    (D) Javed asked whether Geeta could lend
    me hundred rupees until the next day.








    B






    160. Alex said to his sister, ‘‘Before I go to New
    York, I shall meet Shelly.’’
    (A) Alex told his sister that before he went
    to New York, he would meet Shelly.
    (B) Alex told his sister that before going to
    New York, he would meet Shelly.
    (C) Alex told his sister if before going to New
    York, he would meet Shelly.
    (D) Alex told his sister and before going to
    New York, he would meet Shelly.




    B








    161. The teacher said to his student, ‘‘Do you
    have any excuse for coming late to the
    school, today?’’
    (A) The teacher asked his student whether
    he had any excuse for coming late to
    the school that day.
    (B) The teacher asked his student whether
    did he have any excuse for coming late
    to the school that day.
    (C) The teacher asked his student whether
    he has any excuse for coming late to
    the school that day.
    (D) The teacher asked his student whether
    he did have any excuse for coming late
    to the school that day.




    A



    162. He said, ‘‘Let Hari come with us, mother.
    I'll take care of him.’’
    (A) He requested his mother to let Hari
    come with them as he would take care
    of him.
    (B) He informed his mother to let Hari come
    with them as he would take care of him.
    (C) He told his mother to let Hari come with
    us as he would take care of him.
    (D) He told to his mother let Hari come with
    us as he would take care of him.






    C










    163. The little girls said to her mother, ‘‘Did the
    sun rise in the East?’’
    (A) The little girl said to her mother that
    the sun rose in the East.
    (B) The little girl asked her mother if the
    sun rises in the East.
    (C) The little girl said to her mother if the
    sun rises in the East.
    (D) The little girl asked her mother if the
    sun is in the East.








    B










    164. He said, "May he live hundred years!"
    (A) He prayed that he might lived hundred
    years.
    (B) He pray that he might live hundred
    years.
    (C) He prayed that he might live hundred
    years.
    (D) He prayed that he might live a hundred
    year.



    C






    165. He said to me, ‘‘Is there any possibility of
    my getting promotion this year?’’
    (A) He asked me if there was any possibility
    of my getting promotion this year.
    (B) He asked me if there was any possibility
    of his getting promotion this year.
    (C) He asked me if there was any possibility
    of his getting promotion that year.
    (D) He asked me if there is any possibility
    of his getting promotion that year.









    C









    166. The boy told the Principal that he was

    thanking to him for a fee concession.
    (A) The boy said to the Principal, ‘‘I express

    my thanks that you have grated me a
    feeconcession.’’
    (B) The boy said to the Principal, ‘‘I am
    thankful to you for a fee concession.’’
    (C) The boy told the Principal, ‘‘You are kind
    enough to grant me a fee concession.’’
    (D) The boy said to the Principal, ‘‘Thank
    you, madam, for granting me a fee
    concession.’’





    B









    167. Alka said to me, ‘‘ when was I saying
    something ?’’
    (A) Alka asked me whether she was saying
    something.
    (B) Alka asked me when she was saying
    something.
    (C) Alka asked me when she had been

    saying something.
    (D) Alka asked me when she said
    something







    C












    168. The boy said, ‘‘Who dare call you a thief?’’
    (A) The boy enquired who dared call him a
    thief.
    (B) The boy asked who called him a thief.
    (C) The boy told that who dared call him a
    thief.
    (D) The boy wondered who dared call a thief.







    A








    169. The employer said to the workman, ‘‘I
    cannot pay you higher wages.’’
    (A) The employer told the workman that he
    could not be paid higher wages.
    (B) The employer told the workman that he
    could not pay him higher wages.
    (C) The employer forbade the workman to
    pay higher wages.
    (D) The employer warned the workman that
    he cannot pay him higher wages.






    B











    170. Brianda told us that a new store had been
    opened in the locality.
    (A) Brianda said to us, ‘‘A new store has
    been opened in the locality.’’
    (B) Brianda said, ‘‘I'm telling you that a new
    store has been opened in the locality.’’
    (C) Brianda said, ‘‘Let me tell you that a
    new store had been opened in the
    locality.’’
    (D) Brianda said to us, ‘‘It is for your
    information that a new store has been
    opened in the locality.’’





    A





    171. ‘‘If you don't keep quiet I shall shoot you’’,

    he said to her in a calm voice.
    (A) He warned her to shoot if she didn't

    keep quiet calmly.
    (B) He said calmly that I shall shoot you if
    you don't be quiet.
    (C) He warned her calmly that he would
    shoot her if she didn't keep quiet.
    (D) calmly he warned her that be quiet or
    else he will have to shoot her.







    C










    172. My father said to my mother, ‘‘I will
    certainly take you to Bangaluru this week.’’
    (A) My father told my mother that he would
    certainly take her to Bangluru that
    week.
    (B) My father told my mother that he would
    certainly take her to Bangluru this
    week.
    (C) My father told my mother that I would

    certainly take her to Bangluru that
    week.
    (D) My father told my mother that I would
    certainly take you to Bangluru that
    week







    GIVEN C

    BUT IT SHOULD BE A






    173. Joan said to her friend, ‘‘The colour of your
    watch is beautiful, isn't it ?’’
    (A) Joan said to her friend that the colour
    of your watch was beautiful.
    (B) Joan told her friend that the colour of
    her watch is beautiful.
    (C) Joan asked her friend if the colour of
    his watch is beautiful, isn't it.
    (D) Joan asked her friend whether she
    didn't think that the colour of her watch
    was beautiful.






    D









    174. The old man asked me why I was sleeping
    on the bench and asked whether I was
    drunk.
    (A) The old man asked me, ‘‘Why are you
    sleeping on the bench? do you drink?
    (B) The old man asked me, ‘‘Why were you
    sleeping on the bench? are you drunk?’’
    (C) The old man asked me, ‘‘Why you slept
    on the bench? Were you drunk?’’

    (D) The old man asked me, ‘‘Why are you
    sleeping on the bench? Are you drunk?’’






    D










    175. Miley said to me. ‘‘Can you give me your
    coupons?’’
    (A) Miley asked me if I gave her my
    coupons.
    (B) Miley asked me if I can give me your
    coupons.
    (C) Miley asked me can I give her my
    coupons.
    (D) Miley asked me if I could give her my
    coupons.








    D








    176. She said that she had been waiting there
    for long time.
    (A) She said, ‘‘I have been waiting here for
    a long time.’’
    (B) She said, ‘‘She has been waiting here
    for a long time.’’
    (C) She said, ‘‘She has been waiting there
    for a long time.’’
    (D) She said, ‘‘I am waiting here for a long
    time.’’










    A









    177. ‘‘Did you like my dance?’’ said the little girl
    to the king.
    (A) The little girl asked the king whether

    had he liked her dance.
    (B) The little girl asked the king whether
    he had liked her dance.
    (C) The little girl asked the king whether
    he was liking her dance.
    (D) The king asked the little girl if she liked
    his dance.









    B













    178. He said, ‘‘Seema, do you want to buy a house
    in Florida?’’
    (A) He told Seema if she wanted to buy a
    house in Florida.
    (B) He asked that did she want to buy a
    house in Florida.
    (C) He asked Seema if she wants to buy a
    house in Florida.
    (D) He asked Seema if she wanted to buy a
    house in Florida










    D











    179. He said to me. ‘‘I have often told you not to
    play with fire.’’
    (A) He said that he has often been telling
    me not to play with fire.
    (B) He told me that he had often told me
    not to play with fire.
    (C) He reminded me that he often said to
    me not to play with fire.
    (D) He said to me that he often told me not
    to play with fire.








    B








    180 Neha said, ‘‘What a pleasant atmosphere
    this place has!’’
    (A) Neha exclaimed with joy that that place
    was a pleasant atmosphere.
    (B) Neha exclaimed with joy that was a
    pleasant atmosphere in that place.
    (C) Neha exclaimed with joy that that place

    had a pleasant atmosphere.
    (D) Neha exclaimed with joy that what a
    pleasant atmosphere that place had










    C








    #voice

    181. We added up the money and found that it
    was correct.
    (A) The money was added up and found to
    be correct.
    (B) Correct it was found and the money was
    added up.
    (C) The money added up by us and it was
    correctly found.
    (D) The money added up by us and it was
    correct.




    A





    182. They pick the wastages packed every
    morning
    (A) The packed wastages are picked every

    morning by them
    (B) The wastages are packed and picked
    every morning by them
    (C) The wastages are picked packed every
    morning by them
    (D) The picked wastages are packed every
    morning by them




    C









    183. A child could not have done this mischief.
    (A) This mischief could not be done by a
    child.
    (B) This mischief could not been done by a
    child.
    (C) This mischief could not have been done
    by a child.
    (D) This mischief a child could not have
    been done











    C











    184. Our vehicle had been stolen from our
    garage by the same burglary team.
    (A) The same burglary team had stolen our
    vehicle from our garage.
    (B) The same burglary team has stolen our
    vehicle from our garage.
    (C) The same burglary team is stealing our
    vehicle from our garage.
    (D) The same burglary team will have
    stolen our vehicle from our garage.









    A







    185. Vincent Del Bosque asked Neymar to play
    midfield.
    (A) Midfield was asked to play Neymar by
    Vincent Del Bosque.
    (B) Neymar was asked to play midfield by
    Vincent Del Bosque.
    (C) Neymar was asked to be played midfield
    by Vincent Del Bosque.
    (D) Midfield was to be played by Neymar as
    asked by Vincent Del Bosque.












    B







    186. I have returned all the book to the library.
    (A) All the books had been returned to the

    library by me.
    (B) All the books have been returned to the
    library by me.
    (C) All the books are being returned to the
    library by me.
    (D) All the books were returned to the
    library by me.






    B










    187. The main skills we seek to develop include
    analysing, interpreting and evaluating
    ideas.
    (A) The main skills sought by us to develop
    include analysing, interpreting and
    evaluating ideas.
    (B) The main skills sought to be developed
    by us include analysing, interpreting
    and evaluating ideas.
    (C) The main skill that we are seeking to
    be developed include analysing,
    interpreting and evaluating ideas
    (D) The main skills include analysing,
    interpreting and evaluating ideas which
    are sought by us to develop.







    B







    188. India is evolving a new safety manual for
    girls as depicted in the movie ‘Pink’.
    (A) A new safety manual for girls as
    depicted in the movie ‘Pink’, is being
    evolved by India.
    (B) A new safety manual for girls was
    depicted by the movie ‘Pink’, being

    evolved by India.
    (C) A new safety manual for girls was
    depicted in the movie ‘Pink’, is being
    evolved by India.
    (D) A new safety manual for girls was
    depicted by the movie ‘Pink’, has been
    evolved by India







    A








    189. The situation could hardly have been
    altered by the interference of the police
    force.
    (A) The interference of the police force
    could hardly have altered the situation.
    (B) The interference of the police force can
    hardly alter the situation.
    (C) The interference of the police force had
    altered the situation.
    (D) The interference of the police force
    could alter the situation with hardness.







    B

    I THINK IT SHOULD BE A






    190. Rajesh could not complete his paper
    because he had a headache.
    (A) Rajesh's paper would not be completed
    because he had a headache.
    (B) The paper could not be completed by
    Rajesh because he had a headache.
    (C) Rajesh's paper could not be completed
    because he had a headache.
    (D) The paper of Rajesh could not be
    completed by him because he had a
    headache.






    C









    191. Many dams and bridges are being built in
    our country.

    (A) Many dams and bridges have they built
    in our country.
    (B) They are building many dams and
    bridges in our country.
    (C) Our country built many dams and
    bridges.
    (D) Many dams and bridges have been built
    in our country.



    B







    192. They could see the young men of the village
    at the corner shop every night.
    (A) The young men of the village had been
    seen at the corner shop every night.
    (B) The young men of the village could seen
    at the corner shop every night.
    (C) The young men could saw the corner
    shop every night by them.
    (D) The young men of the village could be
    seen at the corner shop every night.





    D












    193. The doctor advised the patient not to eat
    rice.
    (A) The patient was advised by the doctor
    that he should not eat rice.
    (B) The patient was being advised by the

    doctor that he should not eat rice.
    (C) The patient was being advised by the
    doctor that he should eat rice by the
    doctor.
    (D) The patient has been advised not to eat
    rice by the doctor








    A





    194. My mother used to sit by the fireside in the
    evenings and tell him stories.
    (A) He used to tell stories to my mother
    sitting by the fireside in the evenings.
    (B) Stories used to be told by my mother
    sitting by the fireside in the evenings
    to him
    (C) He used to be told stories by my mother
    sitting by the fireside in the evenings.
    (D) Stories was told by my mother used to
    sit by the fireside in the evenings to him




    C





    195. Cigarette smoking causes two millions
    deaths annually in the industrial states.
    (A) Cigarette smoking has been causing
    two millions deaths annually in the
    industrial states.
    (B) Two millions deaths are caused
    annually by cigarette smoking in the
    industrial states.
    (C) Two million deaths are being caused by
    cigarette smoking annually in the
    industrial states.
    (D) Two million deaths have been caused
    annually by cigarette smoking in the
    industrial states.





    B




    196. The news of the success of a poor candidate
    in the elections surprised him.
    (A) He was surprised by the news of the
    success of a poor candidate in the
    elections.
    (B) He was surprised with the news of the
    success of a poor candidate in the
    elections.

    (C) He was surprised as a result of the news
    of the success of a poor candidate in the
    elections
    (D) He was surprised at the news of the
    success of a poor candidate in the
    elections




    B





    197. Donald trump was sneered at by Hillary
    Clinton on his tax returns in the recent
    debate aired an National TV.
    (A) Hillary Clinton sneer at Donald trump
    on his tax returns in the recent debate
    aired an National TV.
    (B) Hillary Clinton sneered Donald trump
    on his tax returns in the recent debate
    aired an National TV.
    (C) Hillary Clinton sneered at Donald trump
    on his tax returns in the recent debate
    aired an National TV.
    (D) Hillary Clinton took a dig at Donald
    trump on his tax returns in the recent
    debate aired an National TV





    C




    198. Ronaldo should take care when playing with
    vicious Argentinians.
    (A) vicious Argentinians should be taken
    care of when playing with Ronaldo.
    (B) playing should be taken care of by
    vicious Argentinians when with
    Ronaldo.
    (C) Ronaldo playing with vicious
    Argentinians should be taken care of.
    (D) Care should be taken by Ronaldo when
    playing with vicious Argentinians.








    D










    199. These days most of the students do their
    assignments with the help of the internet.
    (A) Most of the students' assignments is
    done with the help of the internet these
    days.
    (B) Most of the students' assignments are
    done with the help of the internet these
    days.
    (C) Most of the students' assignments are
    being done with the help of the internet
    these days.
    (D) Most of the students' assignments had
    been done with the help of the internet
    these days.






    B









    200. Tobacco manufactures are making
    considerable efforts to gain new clients.
    (A) Considerable effect are being made by
    tobacco manufactures to gain new
    clients.

    (B) Considerable efforts were being made
    by tobacco manufactures to gain new
    clients.
    (C) Considerable efforts are made by
    tobacco manufacture to gain new
    clients.
    (D) To gain new clients for tobacco
    manufactures considerable efforts are
    being made





    A

    #SSC #IBPS #SBI #RBI #NABARD #NICL #NIACL #CAT #NMAT #everydayquiz
    • Blogger Comments
    • Facebook Comments

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Item Reviewed: important Direct-indirect speech active passive voice set-3 Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Unknown
    Scroll to Top